PDA

View Full Version : Israeli army helicopter kills at least 20 protestors with missiles...

Jonas
2004-05-19, 09:26
http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasite/images/iht_daily/D190504/rafah_child190504_ap.jpg

10 are reported to be children. link (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/429428.html)

Time to stop this madness. This is Sharon trying to destabilize Gaza the most before withdrawing.

(as a test I'm posting this in both forums, first reaction, the picture doesn't work.)

alcimedes
2004-05-19, 09:47
you account was set to not view images, i fixed it for you.

as for the article, i read it. 15 people were killed, not 20. as for who caused it, i'd want to wait a bit and see. the protestors say it was isreal helicopters, the IDF are saying it was boobytraps laid for them.

i wouldn't believe either side without some proof.

Jonas
2004-05-19, 12:37
Seems like they changed the article. From what I read now it's mostly army statments quoted. It just seems really odd firing tank-shells and helicopter rockets as a mean of crowd-control.

Scott
2004-05-19, 14:53
I guess it not possible that someone in the crowd was firing rockets or some such thing and using "civilians" has human shields of sorts? Naw couldn’t' be and if it was the Israelis forced them to act that way.

Harald
2004-05-19, 15:12
Oh, they were firing rockets!

That would be according to ... who?

Scott
2004-05-19, 22:06
Oh, they were firing rockets!

That would be according to ... who?

I was just supposing. If the Jews fire there's never a good reason right? Turns out they were armed men. But we'll pretend that Israel is always wrong and ignore any justification.

Jonas
2004-05-20, 03:21
Sure, there are legitimate situations for israeli soldiers to fire. As israel is the occupying force they have to abide by the rules of occupation as defined in the geneva convention. The palestinians have to to that as well. one sides wrongdoing never justifies the same behaviour from the other side. That's how it works with kids in a sandbox, but not in international law. Please look it up.