PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 shipping date?

speck
2004-09-03, 17:42
I ordered a iMac G5 baseline model 17" screen combo drive and my shipping date is 9/29 from the apple store. What is everyone else getting?

matt
2004-09-06, 21:17
if you ordered the 1st week they came out you should get a shipping date of either 9/29 or 10/1. I talked to an Apple rep, and he said that was just to save their butts. iMacs should start trickling out of Asia the week of Sept. 20. I ordered a 20" and can't wait to stare at it. (that's what its for, right?) ;)

Gizzer
2004-09-07, 06:36
I just ordered a 20" & maxed out the HD plus full built in wireless (RAM's cheaper elsewhere). Plus I took advantage of the Final Cut Express offer (saved £130).

My estimated ship date is 5th Oct.

It can't come soon enough :) :cool: :smokey:

fly pusher
2004-09-07, 08:35
I ordered a 20" on the day of the keynote (from Apple store Germany).
BTO wireless keyboard, mouse and an Airport card.
Left RAM alone; I'll add a 512Mb DIMM myself for half the price Apple charge.

Predicted delivery 'on or before' 5th October 2004

I ordered the 20" as the proportions of the display / bezzle seemed more pleasing. And it seemed to be the best value.

I was also told on the phone when I called that it would be airfreighted to me directly from China and so the delivery would take a little longer than normal.

Cant wait....

Powerdoc
2004-09-07, 11:13
I have ordered the 20 inch I mac the day of the keynote. It's a 20 incher with airport extreme, wireless keyboard and mouse, and one GB of RAM. The shipping date is in or before the 09/28.

I expect that it will not be like my dual G5 that I ordered in july and recieved in november ... :grumble:

Gizzer
2004-09-07, 11:41
I expect that it will not be like my dual G5 that I ordered in july and recieved in november ... :grumble:

Blimey I think I would have burst after having to wait that long! :p

Powerdoc
2004-09-07, 14:20
Blimey I think I would have burst after having to wait that long! :p

That's what I did.

In July I made a big order of a total amount of 20 000 € (powerbook, and G5 towers linked via a gigabit ethernet network). Normally the shippind date was the beginning of september.
In october the single G5 where shipped, but not the dual. I said to my retailor, that I will not pay them, until I have the whole stuff. With time they where annoyed to have so many things in stock, and they make pressure on Apple France in order to get the hand on one dual G5. Finally at november the 6 , I have got my dual.
This is an amazing computer, and I don't regret my choice.