PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood of Apple Dropping Prices

karelaorange
2006-06-12, 22:41
Hi,

I'm all set to buy a new video ipod. However, I feel like each time in the past I've bought an apple item, apple has dropped their prices immediately after. Does anyone have any insight on when apple tends to do this, so as to not repeat my mistake? I can hold out for a little while if I know it's for good purpose.

thanks.

Windowsrookie
2006-06-12, 22:43
No chance of it getting reduced.

scratt
2006-06-12, 22:48
Bwuhaaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaaaa :lol:

babelfish
2006-06-13, 02:44
The 30gb iPod is actually pretty good value for money when compared with current and previous offerings. I have it myself and I can definately recommend it.

It's nice and thin which is the best part :)

bassplayinMacFiend
2006-06-13, 07:09
I was checing out the latest video iPods while at the Apple store yesterday. They make my 2002 20GB iPod look like a brick! The new ones are so thin!

Anyway, to the original poster, let us know when you decide to buy so we can prepare for the following price cuts. :)

JayReding
2006-06-13, 11:49
I don't think we'll see a price drop on the iPod with video - although a bump in specs is quite likely. If you're looking for a bit of a price break, you could always go with a refurbished model and save a few bucks.

washington mac user
2006-06-13, 18:32
can you believe it? 2 years ago I bought an apple ipod, 20 gb that could only play songs, no color and it was a brick and I bought it for 400 dollars at the apple store. Now they have a 30 gb ipod that can play songs, store photos, videos, half the size, and is in color for only 300 dollars. My ipod still works so im going to wait till mine dies and then I'll buy a new one. That's what i suggest doing. Don't wait for a drop in price, wait for the next generation. The price will not drop because they are just going to replace the current line with a future generation ipod for the same price.

Brad
2006-06-13, 20:03
Don't wait for a drop in price, wait for the next generation.
Just don't keep up this mode of thinking for long. Once the next generation is released, buy. Otherwise, you'll get caught up in that perpetual cycle of waiting for the next thing that's coming out Real Soon Now.

karelaorange
2006-06-13, 21:35
I do agree, I may have misspoken before. To me, though, a price drop is the same as an increase in functionality. Any time you get more for the same price, or the same amount for less, that in my mind is a price drop. At any rate, I bought my iPod. Therefore, if my luck holds true, everyone else should wait before purchasing.

Allison

macleod
2006-06-14, 08:41
My sister is thinking about getting a nano. When do you all think that they will update the sizes. She probably wants the 2GB and if they update the sizes to something like 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB the 2GB will be the price of the 1GB now right? Should she wait for them to update or what do you all think?

DMBand0026
2006-06-14, 11:21
Probably mid September, after the Student Union promotion is over. However, they did introduce the 5G in the middle of the Student Union deal last year IIRC.