PDA

View Full Version : Widget writers -- how about a Weather Rock?

BarracksSi
2006-06-30, 13:17
I'm sure you guys have heard of the Weather Rock...

http://www.windycreek.com/weatherrock.html

I got a sudden urge to see if there was a widget already made, but I haven't noticed one yet. And, since I suck at coding anything (trust me!), I was wondering if anyone here has done one, knows of one, or would think it might be some fun to make.

MagSafe
2006-07-01, 11:43
Err ... unless that rock has the powerful ability to predict weather then I think the AccuWeather Widget already included in 10.4 will fit most peoples needs for the time being :p

I've never wrote a widget before but I'm thinking of doing a universal TV widget that is done in taste with the rest of Apple's widgets and design. I'm not sure how to get the RSS feed's from RadioTimes though so not sure when I'll be giving it a try.

BarracksSi
2006-07-02, 01:00
Err ... unless that rock has the powerful ability to predict weather then I think the AccuWeather Widget already included in 10.4 will fit most peoples needs for the time being :p
Heh...

Well, this would be a "fun" widget along the lines of Hula Homer and the red bouncy ball. It won't predict the weather, but at least it could show current conditions in an entertaining fashion.

I guess I'm more interested because we had a weather rock at my grandma's house (in the basement, mounted on the wall, with an explanatory plaque).