PDA

View Full Version : Education Discount

polinho
2006-07-01, 09:51
Hi there! I'm going to California next month and since there are a bunch of Apple Stores down there, I was thinking on buying a Macbook for myself. I am a College Student here in Europe and I have one of those International Student ID cards. Do you think they will let me use it as proof to get an education discount? Do you think that if they deny me on one store I could (maybe) have a chance in another one?

Thanks!

turtle
2006-07-01, 10:07
Your ID should be fine for in store. Online I haven't had to verify that I was really home schooling my daughter. I just agree by clicking, they give me a discount and my stuff. I got my first Mac at the Richmond VA Apple Store and got a discount by telling the clerk that I home schooled and they didn't seek proof. I'm not sure how tight they would be with a European Student ID, try it and see.

ZachPruckowski
2006-07-01, 15:52
I imagine you'll be fine. They don't seem to be overly strict on it. I mean, as long as you have a student ID, I can't forsee them quizzing you on "where's that?" "what grade are you?" etc. The only issue I could forsee is if they ask for it, and it's not in English (like French or German or something), and no-one there can read it.

dazwan
2006-07-01, 18:39
I didn't even realise stores gave educational discounts.

Does anyone know if I can get an education discount in UK apple stores? Seeing as I live near an apple store it will be easier to just drive down and pick up anything I need rather than ordering it online.

neiltc13
2006-07-01, 18:43
Yes they do but only the regular education pricing - the NUS and HE store prices can only be obtained by ordering online.