PDA

View Full Version : Excell issue incrementing date

johnnyluscious
2006-07-03, 12:49
Hey guy's I have been looking high and low for the answer to this.

I am trying to have the date on a worksheet increment every day it is open to the current date. Also it should allow me to select the previous day if need be.

Also if anyone has an answer to how to create information baloon for cells so that when they are moused over they show up and not have to click on it.

Thank you...:confused:

MCQ
2006-07-03, 13:34
Hey guy's I have been looking high and low for the answer to this.

I am trying to have the date on a worksheet increment every day it is open to the current date. Also it should allow me to select the previous day if need be.

I'm not sure I understand the question. There is a TODAY() function that you can insert into a cell for it to show the current date.

=TODAY()

Also if anyone has an answer to how to create information baloon for cells so that when they are moused over they show up and not have to click on it.

Thank you...:confused:

Information balloon? Did you try inserting a comment? I think the default behavior for comments is to pop-up on mouseover after about 1 second.

johnnyluscious
2006-07-03, 17:00
yeah that function is fine I am trying to create a list of 2 options: 1) todays date and 2) yesterdays date...

johnnyluscious
2006-07-03, 17:24
Thx all I figured out the issue now I am faced with trying to create a button/macro that users can click to send the worksheet in an e-mail

bassplayinMacFiend
2006-07-05, 21:14
So how did you do it?