PDA

View Full Version : New Imac

sseligson
2006-07-18, 08:50
Anyone have any idea if there will be a new imac announced in August???

If not any idea when.

I currently dumped my pc laptop for a macbook - Now I am going to dump my pc desktop for an IMAC. but if the new one is going to be announced I can wait a few weeks.

Luca
2006-07-18, 09:05
We generally frown on "hay guyz when's the next _______ coming out?" threads because they're asked so often and because there really isn't any way to answer them. I mean, what are we supposed to say? Apple's secrets are just that, secret, so none of us really has any idea when they'll come out with new products. The few people here who might possibly have some insight into Apple's future plans wouldn't be able to reveal them for fear of being fired and/or sued.

However, I can say that, at the very least, it's pretty easy to tell when people are clamoring for an upgrade to a product. Often times, we at least have a good idea of which product Apple will update next, based on the order in which they were updated last. The next Mac due for a replacement is the Power Mac, which is still currently a G5 and has remained unchanged for over a year. After that, who knows? There's really no way to tell. Buy when you need to buy. Wait if you can wait.

psmith2.0
2006-07-18, 09:07
In general, what Luca says. A great page to check for that kind of info is this:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

But in the specific case of the iMac: it's possible, with these new Intel chips coming out. And the iMac has gone untouched since early January, I believe (when it went to Intel from the G5). I'd certainly wait until WWDC, if you're in a position to. Sounds like you are.

And it's iMac (little "i", big "M"...or "P", "S", "L", etc., depending on which iProduct you're talking about). I'm just helping you out before Brad comes in here being all mean about it.

:p

Luca
2006-07-18, 09:09
Oh yeah and since this isn't speculation and rumors at all, I'm going to move it to purchasing advice. Because really, you're asking about when you should buy something, not providing any information or theories regarding future Apple products.

EmC
2006-07-18, 09:09
Very soon. I just managed to get my aunt and uncle to buy one. It runs great, but now that they have it, Apple will update within the week.:D

torifile
2006-07-18, 10:15
Imac, imac, IMAC. All different ways of capitalizing it. And all wrong. ;) It's iMac. :)