PDA

View Full Version : Purchaseing a macbook, need advice

hflomberg
2006-07-23, 18:49
Here's my setup - I have a 17# Ibook g4, an Airport extreme. I am thinking of getting a small macbook for class. I want to keep my Imac as a File server - I have about 160 Gig (80 internal and 80 external)

All my experience has been as an applications type. I want to be able to sit on the couch and have access via the airport to all the files on my hard drives.

How complex is this?

Thank you!!!!

nskk
2006-07-26, 10:47
Here's my setup - I have a 17# Ibook g4, an Airport extreme. I am thinking of getting a small macbook for class. I want to keep my Imac as a File server - I have about 160 Gig (80 internal and 80 external)

All my experience has been as an applications type. I want to be able to sit on the couch and have access via the airport to all the files on my hard drives.

How complex is this?

Thank you!!!!

Umm, What do you need help with? are you selling that stuff?

macleod
2006-07-26, 10:53
Are you asking how to setup the iMac as a file server? (or is it an iBook, you said both) If this is what you are trying to figure out, the Genius Bar would probably be the place to look. ;) I don't think this is a hugely complex thing to do; however, I could easily be incorrect. It sounds like you could just setup a shared folder on the iMac and access that from the MacBook over your network.