PDA

View Full Version : I am a very satisfied mac convert.

almost2mac
2006-08-02, 13:39
I will still use PC for gaming, but I had no idea especially how advantageous it is to have media software that all works together intuitively.

I'm sure you can do the same on a PC, but over the last two days I was able to make photo slideshow dvds with animated menus and music and create a pseudo movie credit sequence using panning slideshows. Although I'm just using default themes and such, it seems very flexible and powerful, and has inspired my creativity even though this is just default software. I didn't realize I had an interest at all in video editing.

Anyone wavering over the possibility of trying out a mac, do it when you can. Every software component that I have opened just to experiment with has had me creating a professional-looking result in mere hours when I knew nothing about it before.

spikeh
2006-08-02, 14:07
That's an almost identical reaction to the one I had :) Looking back now - I've had my Mac for, ooh, just shy of two months, and it completely feels like home. I'll never say never, but for the forseeable future my home is OS X.

Artap99
2006-08-02, 14:39
Creative Suite 2 for the PC is phenomenal. Everything flows into everything else. And yes, they have it for Mac. But it doesn't come with Encore or Premiere. And those are two heavy hitters.

But I still love my Mac :)

julesstoop
2006-08-02, 14:52
I think you are talking about Adobe Production Studio and not Creative Suite 2.
Anyhow. Both software bundles (PS nor CS) are in no way meant to compete with iLife, which I think the first poster is talking about.

Fahrenheit
2006-08-02, 15:43
The title of this thread is funny.

almost2mac
2006-08-02, 19:09
I think your are talking about Adobe Production Studio and not Creative Suite 2.
Anyhow. Both software bundles (PS nor CS) are in no way meant to compete with iLife, which I think the first poster is talking about.

Yeah, it's iLife, which I cannot believe is free and practically part of the operating system. The only person I can't imagine getting something out of a mac are people who have no CD's or no digital photos.

MCQ
2006-08-02, 20:10
It just works.™