PDA

View Full Version : .Mac mail acting really odd?

psmith2.0
2004-05-20, 08:36
I'm a proud and willing member of .Mac and, as you know, Apple updated the look of it earlier this week, added some features, etc.

Anyway, I can't seem to delete any e-mail in my Deleted items folder. I've got about 25 e-mails in there since Tuesday or so that I simply don't want/need.

I'll put a check mark beside the e-mails I want to permanently trash, click the red "delete" icon (the red circle/slash symbol), the screen refreshes BUT all the e-mails that should be gone are still there, with the check box now deselected, as if to taunt me.

:D

Anyone else experiencing this glitch?

thegelding
2004-05-20, 09:06
i'll go check out my mail... supposively mail has been acting up as of late...i haven't noticed, but then i only check mine once or twice a day...i usually use my work email... i use .mac mostly for the website...mail is a bonus

g

nope, cleared my trash, no probs

is this at home or from remote access (ie. checking mail from work computer)...

psmith2.0
2004-05-20, 09:24
This is at work, on a Sawtooth G4 running 9.2.2 (yeah, yeah...I know...)

;)

No, I always use Mail when on my PowerBook (home or elsewhere...and it always works great).

But I do log onto .Mac and check my e-mail from work several thousand times a day (or from Windows-based computers at friend's or family's houses). I've yet to try it yet on a PC this week, only on this work G4. But it has definitely coincided with the .Mac redesign earlier this week, that's for sure. It always worked fine up until the other day.

I guess I should submit something to the Apple support area, or check deeper there.

It just won't delete the e-mails in my trash/deleted message folders.

BTW, if this needs to be moved to Genius Bar, have at it. I temporarily lost my mind and put this thread into Digital Hub... :confused:

Apologies all around.

thegelding
2004-05-20, 09:27
are you "pushing" the red circle with the slash in your folders section?

i never do that.... in the show folders section i click the blue "empty now"...and everything in the deleted folder goes bye bye

g

psmith2.0
2004-05-20, 09:37
You're a damn genius, you are! :D

Yes, that totally worked. Thank you. Although, I was indeed pushing the red delete button before (and prefer to do it that way, if possible...it's quicker and less steps).

But this will do for now. Thanks.

Also, even though I've got quite a few e-mails in my in-box, my little tally of usage space is showing "0%".

I just think this new .Mac layout/design has some backend things that need some ironing out. I'll give it a week or so, before I get too concerned...

thegelding
2004-05-20, 11:46
you mean i actually helped out?!?!? don't let that get around, will ruin my image

g

psmith2.0
2004-05-20, 15:31
I'll keep a lid on it...your secret's safe with me, g. :p