PDA

View Full Version : About the 5th Ave. NYC Apple Store

jcampa
2006-08-25, 00:30
Question about the New York city 5th Ave. Apple Store:

Let's say today is monday, and Apple announces new MBP's tomorrow (tuesday), the store opens 24 hrs., if I go to the store about 3 or 4 A.M. on tuesday, will I be able to buy it at that hour? or I have to wait at 9 or 10 A.M. when all the other Apple Stores opens?

PB PM
2006-08-25, 01:01
If they had them in stock, and for sale, I guess you could buy one.

Engine Joe
2006-08-25, 07:02
Once they're announced, they're for sale (if in stock). The question - would Apple announce a MBP at 3:00 am EDT on a Tuesday? Not likely.

nskk
2006-08-26, 09:35
it takes my local apple store almost a week to get new products in stock. But i donno about fifth ave, its probably faster then that.

miniuser
2006-08-26, 11:17
I'm with nskk, I don't know how quick they'd get it in NY. But my Apple store takes AT LEAST a week. Sometimes when you ask the guys working there, they don't even know the new thing was released. They give you the...... "the what?"

Brave Ulysses
2006-08-26, 11:44
I'm with nskk, I don't know how quick they'd get it in NY. But my Apple store takes AT LEAST a week. Sometimes when you ask the guys working there, they don't even know the new thing was released. They give you the...... "the what?"

Some stores have gotten stock preannouncement in the past

jcampa
2006-08-26, 12:11
Once they're announced, they're for sale (if in stock). The question - would Apple announce a MBP at 3:00 am EDT on a Tuesday? Not likely.
You´re fight Joe, the right question would be:

¨If they announce the availability for the MBP, for example: ( Available next tuesday ), If I go that tuesday at 2 or 3 o´clock, Will I be able to grab one at that hour?¨

Thanks.

MyNameIsEarl
2006-08-28, 08:46
I would think they would be available at midnight on Tuesday like big game console launches and the like.

Robo
2006-08-28, 22:24
I would think they would be available at midnight on Tuesday like big game console launches and the like.

Except Apple doesn't announce their products in advance. So unless they issue a press release at midnight announcing the new Macs, you'd have to wait at least until Apple officially announced them, and possibly longer.