PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Mac pro tomorrow but still some question

dmegatool
2006-08-29, 22:08
Hi !
I'm shitting in my pants right now. I'll be ordering a 2.66, 2gb Ram, 500gb with the Ati x1900

Im just wondering how it works for the payment. I need a 4000 credit card if I buy online right ? There is no "pay 2000$, clear your card and pay the rest" ?

The other point is the tax. I'm in Quebec. The head office of Apple is located in Ontario.
With that said, here is my question. When I click "check out" it give me a "estimated tax" of 0$. What does this mean ? Does it will charge the tax later or not ? I heard someone say: If there is no Apple store in your state/province, you won't pay tax. Is that true ? How does it work ?

billybobsky
2006-08-29, 22:37
Tax is estimated on a 'state by state' basis -- internet sales, at least in the US, are treated distinctly from brick and mortar store sales.

You will need to charge it on a no limit card, a card with a limit above the cost of the sale, or on a no limit bank card (debit card)...

Hope this helps.

PB PM
2006-08-29, 23:29
They don't actually charge you till it ships, at which point you will be sent an email showing the total price with GST and any PST/HST. There is no Apple Store in BC, but I got charged for both.

dmegatool
2006-08-30, 08:53
They don't actually charge you till it ships, at which point you will be sent an email showing the total price with GST and any PST/HST. There is no Apple Store in BC, but I got charged for both.

Thx. That was exactly the kind of post I was looking for

Boomerangmacuser
2006-08-30, 11:03
When I bought a PowerMac back in '95 from MacWarehouse (Ontario based) they didn't charge me PST because I wasn't in Ontario and they couldn't charge me BC PST because they weren't based here. Those days are gone. :( Nowadays Apple has to charge you the PST of the province they are shipping to.

As for payment, unless you opt for financing, you have to have enough 'breathing room' for Apple to get an authorization for the full amount of the purchase (including the taxes). This can be accomplished several ways:
1) Apply for a limit increase. You can always have it decreased later.
2) It might be within your card's 'authorization pad' if your card is in good standing. Card companies want to save you the embarassment of a decline if you go a little over your limit one month. Call your card company and ask if a transaction of X would get authorized at this moment.
3) Overpay your account to push it into a credit balance and you can get an authorization for the sum of your limit + your credit balance.

Hope this helps.

PB PM
2006-08-30, 11:41
The Canadian Apple store only has business financing though, so you have to pay strait up.

dmegatool
2006-08-30, 12:11
When I bought a PowerMac back in '95 from MacWarehouse (Ontario based) they didn't charge me PST because I wasn't in Ontario and they couldn't charge me BC PST because they weren't based here. Those days are gone. :( Nowadays Apple has to charge you the PST of the province they are shipping to.

That's what I had in mind. It sucks it doesn't work anymore. :(

I will call future shop tonight, if they can't get me the mac pro faster then apple.ca, i'm ordering online (boosted my credit limit to 5000$ :) )

PB PM
2006-08-30, 14:06
Future shop wont get it faster, I mean they have to order from Apple before they can get it to you.

dmegatool
2006-08-30, 14:44
Future shop wont get it faster, I mean they have to order from Apple before they can get it to you.

That's what I was thinking but I was hoping that they have some in store. I asked a guy las week and it sounded like this:

-Scuse me, do you have any mac pro here ?
-Yeah I got one in demonstration right there.
-Nice. Can I pay X$ per month cause I don't have a 5000$ limit on my credit card.
-Duh !?! You are looking for a laptop ?
-Mac Pro... you know... tower style...
-Oh ok I get it ! No I don't have any here.
-Do you plan to ?
-I don't know.
-Did you have the G5 in stock ?
-Yeah we did. I can order you the Mac Pro if you want.
-Thanks anyway.

I said to myself it perhaps it was just THIS future shop who doesn't have it. I tought at least it could get a faster shipping then 3-4 weeks (with the x1900)

PB PM
2006-08-30, 14:49
Well they wont get a model with a x1900 any faster, since ATI has not started shipping the x1900 graphics engine yet. ;)

dmegatool
2006-08-30, 14:54
You seems to know whats the deal with the x1900 and the 3-4 weeks delay... I'm at the job and I can't search for that. I'm sure you will tell me what's going on ?¿?

PB PM
2006-08-30, 14:58
Well if ATI hasn't shipped the cards yet, its hard for Apple to sell a machine with them in it. The should be shipping soon, within the next week or so I believe, so Apple has to have to wait, and as a result so do you. The PC version is shipping, but not the Mac version.

dmegatool
2006-08-30, 15:02
Damn gay ATI :p

Thx PB PM !

dmegatool
2006-08-30, 18:53
Ordered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered with the geForce7300 so my shipping date will be september 6. My ATI x1900 with be shipping october 5

So I will be selling a geForce7300 around 10 october. Any intested ?

... thread closed ?