PDA

View Full Version : Selling advice--Mac Pro OEM Superdrive

macleod
2006-09-08, 14:01
I recently got a better SuperDrive for my Mac Pro and it will be arriving soon, so I am going to sell my original SuperDrive before I purchase anything else for my Mac Pro. It is a SONY DVD RW DW-D150A and it is practically brand new because I just got my Mac Pro a week ago. How much do you all think I should ask for this drive? And is ebay my best option to sell? Thanks!

Dave
2006-09-08, 14:09
Personally, I'd just hold onto it and have two optical drives. They're getting so cheap these days that it's not really worth it to me to sell those things. Every so often you'll come across someone who needs one and they'll trade you something useful for it. Just my $0.02

macleod
2006-09-08, 14:12
Yeah that might be true. Looking at how much apple charges ($90 edu) I feel like I 50 would be reasonable to ask for right? But I don't know if that is worth it.

Dave
2006-09-08, 14:54
Yeah that might be true. Looking at how much apple charges ($90 edu) I feel like I 50 would be reasonable to ask for right? But I don't know if that is worth it.

That sounds about right to me, but like I said, I'd rather keep the drive in case my other one fails or a friend offers me something cool for it.

macleod
2006-09-08, 16:42
Yeah I guess that is probably true. I will probably hold on to it for a while then. Thanks!