PDA

View Full Version : Logic 7 in October?

sunrain
2004-09-21, 05:01
MacMusic seems to think so:

http://www.macmusic.org/news/view.php?lang=EN&id=2146

Dear god, I hope so. I've been waiting for this for a while. The macmusic folks seem to be pretty confident about their sources, but they don't give any hints as to why we should believe them. I guess an October release date does make sense if they weren't able to get the product ready for the Paris Expo. Here's hoping.

hmurchison
2004-09-21, 11:43
Hell you don't need MacMusic for the scoop the proof is here 26 names down (http://www.aes.org/events/117/exhibitors.cfm)

Mark your calendars people. Oct 31st will be the date.

Mac+
2004-09-22, 04:11
Well this ought to prove interesting ... the Logic UI gets "Applefied". ;)

sunrain
2004-09-22, 07:27
Hell you don't need MacMusic for the scoop the proof is here 26 names down (http://www.aes.org/events/117/exhibitors.cfm)

Mark your calendars people. Oct 31st will be the date.

If not before. Nice find. *does a dance of joy*

hmurchison
2004-09-22, 13:30
No doubt sunrein. I don't remember Apple ever exhibiting at AES before. I'm ready for a new Logic 7! Next year is going to be a lot of fun. Getting Final Cut Pro and Logic 7. The better they talk the better my finished projects will be.

Xaqtly
2004-09-22, 15:10
So if they're about to release Logic 7... what's ProBand?

hmurchison
2004-09-22, 19:14
So if they're about to release Logic 7... what's ProBand?

Lot's of rumors about ProBand.

1. It could be a rebranding of Logic Pro(which I highly doubt)

2. It could be a beefier version of Garageband, doubtful because Logic Express and Pro both will support Apple Loops in the next incarnation.

3. It could be a bundle of Emagics next three plugins Sculpture, Ultrabeat and Guitar Amp(my guess) but rumors have it that LP7 might include these anyways(we'll see)

4. Could be some new app but there hardly seems to be space in the lineup for another audio app that isn't aimed at ProTools.

Hell Apple may not even use ProBand. But somehow I think they are. My guess has always been the plugins because Synth,Guitars and Drums = a Band.

Mac+
2004-09-23, 02:15
Is there any ETA for ProBand? Could it be unveiled at AES as well?

nassau
2004-09-23, 10:50
sometimes they register names just for being safe. maybe they're working on something that might not even see the light of day. remember a while back when they registered "junk yard"? what happened to that?

just an example...

bassplayinMacFiend
2004-09-23, 11:02
sometimes they register names just for being safe. maybe they're working on something that might not even see the light of day. remember a while back when they registered "junk yard"? what happened to that?

just an example...

Or iPhone even.

sunrain
2004-09-23, 13:34
Seems logical (sorry) to me that ProBand would be a set of instrument plugins that does what GarageBand does inside of Logic.

sunrain
2004-09-29, 14:18
...or sooner than October as it turns out.