PDA

View Full Version : Any Issues With iMac G5 Displays

revolver
2004-09-21, 11:58
I was at the Apple Store the other day checking out the iMac G5, and I noticed something strange about the display. It seemed more "contrasty" and "jagged" than my 17" Easel ACD.

Thought it was just me, then I was perusing Apple's discussion forums for the new aluminum ACD's - Which, by the way are in complete meltdown over quality issues affecting seemingly a huge % of 23" alu ACDs. Anyways, I found this comment interesting-

Upon using his display for the first time, a user reported his display as "more contrasty and sharp than the G4 iMac, not better or worse- just different"

Question- any iMac G5 owners do you notice this?

I think Apple took a step backwards, here with their display technology...

DMBand0026
2004-09-22, 13:13
I think the displays are of the same quality as are used in the cinema displays. In other words: Top quality, industry leading tech.

bassplayinMacFiend
2004-09-22, 14:29
I think the displays are of the same quality as are used in the cinema displays. In other words: Top quality, industry leading tech.

The iMac G5 displays have the same tech specs as the last generation ACD displays, i.e. the non-aluminum ADC connector LCDs.

revolver
2004-09-23, 13:13
Industry leading quality?

Tell that to disgruntled owners of the new 23" ACD. The product is complete crap. I walked into my local Apple store this moring and both the 23" had such a strong magenta cast that was so obvious I could see it across the room.

Look at the Apple discussion boards and ask any owners of 23" ACD's whether they by Steve Job's marketing kool-aid about "other manufacturers buy what we reject".

Bottom line- I like Apple, I use an Apple, but let's be realistic. They use cheap components and sell them as luxury items.