PDA

View Full Version : New iPod or wait for Touchscreen

macleod
2006-09-12, 18:45
I really want one of the new video iPods; however, I wanted to know if you all think it is dumb to buy one now when they could release a touchscreen iPod soon? Can I connect this current iPod to my LCD TV to watch my TV shows and such? What other features could the "true" video iPod have that could be useful if I am not going to watch a ton of movies? Just occasional TV show on a plane or something.

BarracksSi
2006-09-12, 19:40
You can, right now, connect the iPod video to a TV, even the one I'm holding in my hands.

Who knows what else the next big update will bring, though.

ghoti
2006-09-12, 20:00
There won't be a touchscreen iPod, it's just not practical. Same with the full-screen HDTV video iPod. People make laundry lists of features (FM tuner! Combined XM/Sirius satellite receiver! 100TB storage! Lasers!), but that doesn't mean that those make any sense for the product.

Just get the iPod now, and stop worrying about possible future updates.

chucker
2006-09-12, 20:07
I wanted to know if you all think it is dumb to buy one now when they could release a touchscreen iPod soon?

I don't see an update happening for at least a few months, if not an entire year.

macleod
2006-09-12, 20:12
Ok then. As soon as the education discounts start working I will order one!

Robo
2006-09-13, 00:01
Ok then. As soon as the education discounts start working I will order one!

...I don't want to be the one to tell you this, but I don't think student discounts on iPods are coming back.

macleod
2006-09-13, 00:04
Yeah I know! I think they are Lost and Gone Forever! Oh well. 349 isn't too bad. Or I could just wait till Christmas...

thegeriatric
2006-09-14, 15:59
Yeah I know! I think they are Lost and Gone Forever! Oh well. 349 isn't too bad. Or I could just wait till Christmas...

Yes.Christmas. Now why didn't i think of that. Where's that bloody list......... Ah there it is Dear Santa Claus also i want an ipod not a pink one though, and yes i have been good this year, well.......... apart from that little incident with the nurse, i promise it was just a misunderstanding, and it wont happen again. Best wishes from thegeriatric. :D :rolleyes: :no: