PDA

View Full Version : No student discount on new iPods?

LAmezq3984
2006-09-12, 18:54
I logged into the education store on apple.com, and there doesn't seem to be a difference in price on the new iPods. I hope this is just a delay.

Robo
2006-09-12, 19:42
Nope. The student discount is gone.

Technically, the price drops are even bigger than the student discounts, and everybody gets them. A good move, I say.

Sargasm
2006-09-12, 19:55
I thought there was simply a bit of time before the educational discount was applied to all of them. Is that not the case here?

Elysium
2006-09-12, 19:58
Straight from the horse's mouth:

Qualifying iPod models include first-generation iPod nano and iPod shuffle, and original 30GB and 60GB iPod with video; new iPod models introduced on September 12, 2006, are not eligible for this offer. Terms and conditions apply.

adamb
2006-09-12, 20:08
Is that for the iPod + Mac offer or the overall student discount cynical_rock?

Elysium
2006-09-12, 20:24
Err... Never mind I totally had my signals crossed on that one. :o Probably too much blood in my beer stream.

Student discounts seem to be gone. They weren't enough to pressure me into buying an iPod in the first place. And besides if you're getting the same deal as before, what is there to quibble about? :)

macleod
2006-09-12, 20:39
I think it is weird to get rid of the student discount for iPods. From what I have seen lots of students have macs know and I would credit that to their iPods. People love the iPods and get the mac computer. Why not give students an even better discount to get them hooked!

Sargasm
2006-09-13, 00:23
Shit, I was counting on the discount for the 8gb nano. I guess I won't be getting one until I see a refurbed one...

Robo
2006-09-13, 00:29
Shit, I was counting on the discount for the 8gb nano. I guess I won't be getting one until I see a refurbed one...It would be a difference of what, $20? Just order it from Amazon to avoid the sales tax and you're practically even.

SpecMode
2006-09-13, 01:27
This is one of the few cases where I'm glad for the .gov discounts. Usually, between .edu and .gov, the educational discount is the better of the two.

Hopefully nobody from Apple reads this and decides to pull that one as well, just to spite me. :p

Addendum: Poking around a bit, it seems that most (if not all) EPP stores have the same discounts...looks like education was the only one that got left out this time around. Hell, even Microsoft employees (http://www.apple.com/eppstore/microsoft) get a discount! :\