PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried this logitech combo on a mac?

moo
2004-09-21, 21:26
it's bluetooth--very nice! it'd be great to pick one up, but would it work?!

anyone know if it works? (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?countryid=2&languageid=1&page=products/details&CRID=486&CONTENTID=7321)

thanks

Luca
2004-09-22, 00:28
Apparently it's not supposed to work with Macs. Maybe the basic key functionality might, but you won't be able to program the special keys.

Who'd spend that much money on a keyboard and mouse anyway? I say go for a cheaper corded keyboard (Logitech Elite is very good) since you never really need to move the keyboard around, and get some other mouse if you really want a Bluetooth mouse.

Mac+
2004-09-22, 00:59
I've mentioned this set-up a while ago ... it looks awesome imho, but is way too expensive. :grumble: If ever it has a blow-out price that brings it in line with other comparable products I'd spring for it.

I have a small Logitech Mouseman Traveler - and even though it said nothing about OS X compatibility, I am able to use left/right and wheel clicks. I'm very happy with it - and so from this limited experience, I feel like they make quality products. :)

noleli2
2004-09-22, 13:36
A friend of mine has this combo on his PC. It's really nice. The keyboard really feels awesome, and the numpad (with LCD display that doubles as a remote and even a stand-alone calculator!) is really cool.

I've been meaning to drag my PB over to his place to see how it works on a Mac. I'll get back to you when I do.