PDA

View Full Version : External Speakers

Kraetos
2006-09-13, 17:51
I wan't some better external speakers for my Mac Pro. My tiny Altec Lansings just aren't cuttin' teh mustard.

I'm looking to spend $150-$200, and would like a loud, crisp 2.1 system with a remote and more than one input - preferably 3 but 2 would be fine as well.

Any suggestions?

Spike87
2006-09-13, 18:06
I'm personally considering the JBL Creature 2.1 set up to go with my PowerBook, they look cool, there from a proper speaker manufacture and they also are available in several colours, including Pro matching Silver/Alu.

The newer JBL Encounter look extremely cool it can't be denied but when I saw them in person they seemed a little big, thats for my personal application though an with a Mac Pro size is less of an issue I would suspect. Also they are currently only available in White with grey grille cloth so they might not work well if you have got an all Alu desktop going on.

Creature Linky (http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CREATUREIIWHT&cat=&ser=) Encounter Linky (http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=ENCOUNTER&SerId=HMM&sCatId&WT.mc_id=ENCOUNTER)

Kraetos
2006-09-18, 01:08
Those look interesting... I'll have to go listen.

Does anyone own an iPod Hi-Fi? I've been thinking about keeping my current computer speakers, which are fine for anything but loud music, and then getting an iPod Hi-Fi for that task.

Dave
2006-09-18, 02:20
Those look interesting... I'll have to go listen.

Does anyone own an iPod Hi-Fi? I've been thinking about keeping my current computer speakers, which are fine for anything but loud music, and then getting an iPod Hi-Fi for that task.

The one I listened to at Fry's was very unimpressive. I was really expecting better from Apple. OTOH, I'm a speaker snob.

Fahrenheit
2006-09-23, 14:45
Ok, so now Im thinking of getting a nice set for my iMac. Theres some creature 2.1's on ebay for £30 + £9 postage. Sound reasonable, and whats the quality like please? Owners, speak up!