PDA

View Full Version : Macbook for College

Kurama
2006-09-13, 21:19
Alright so I want to buy a macbook in a few months, will I see any updates to the macbook anytime soon? And is it recommended to wait for the Core 2 Duo?

turtle
2006-09-13, 22:16
If you need it now then get it.

My wife uses her MB for online classes and I use it w/ Parallels for our finances and other mobile operations. Put 2GB of RAM in it and you'll be fine for all your college needs. Well most anyway, unless you're into major graphical like work, then MBP.

My take is don't wait or you'll never get what you need because there is always a new chip around the corner.

Kurama
2006-09-13, 22:54
If you need it now then get it.

My wife uses her MB for online classes and I use it w/ Parallels for our finances and other mobile operations. Put 2GB of RAM in it and you'll be fine for all your college needs. Well most anyway, unless you're into major graphical like work, then MBP.

My take is don't wait or you'll never get what you need because there is always a new chip around the corner.
I plan on using CS2, but it's for small stuff such as sigs. Is 1GB good enough?

turtle
2006-09-13, 23:04
Good enough, yes. I wouldn't do it thought with 2GB costing only about $200 from someone other than Apple. Plus, I ran the MB on 1GB and it just isn't the same. If you're going to upgrade, go for 2GB from the start.

Kurama
2006-09-13, 23:23
I'm looking to buy this comp in a few months so that's why I ask should I wait for an upgrade because it's already been out for a few months now.

turtle
2006-09-13, 23:27
Well if you're going to wait a few months anyway then there is no real answer to what will be out then. When you get closer to the one week mark would be a better bet. Then there would be far more speculation and insight into what would likely be updated if anything. Try back a few months from now with this question and you'll get a better answer.

Kurama
2006-09-13, 23:33
I agree with what your saying, computers are always in my mind for some reason, so I want to be absolute when I buy anything really. Of course that's impossible but best be prepared than sorry so I'm doing my homework ^^

turtle
2006-09-14, 00:01
The current system will do you fine, better with 2GB than 1GB. If there are upgrades, then the new systems will do you even better, or you can get a 1st generation (current model) for less since it will have been updated allowing you to save a buck.