PDA

View Full Version : New iPod Nano: Belt Clip?

scubaski
2006-09-21, 01:43
I am currently using an iPod mini, mainly for sports. I use the supplied belt clip.

Now I really want the new nano but see that it does not come with a belt clip in the box....can I buy a simple belt clip (like the mini's). I don't really want a case or an armband...

Thanks.

almost2mac
2006-09-25, 19:44
Don't know how strenuous the sports you play are, but I got the lanyard headphones for my new nano...and they're great. No tangling cord. If you're running or doing something where you're not getting tackled it would be one solution.

scubaski
2006-09-26, 03:29
almost2mac, thanks for your reply....I saw the lanyard headphones....great idea but I have some very good earphones which I want to keep for the nano. Looks like I need to get a a case with built in belt clip....the iSkin Duo got great reviews on iLounge. However the new nano has slightly different dimensions and most old cases won't fit the new nano...need to wait for manufacturers to catch up.

intlplby
2006-09-26, 08:15
how long until we can expect them to have new cases ready? how long does it usually take?

scubaski
2006-09-26, 14:56
I emailed iSkin UK about that...waiting for reply. I guess we are talking a couple of weeks.

Fahrenheit
2006-09-26, 15:09
Tesco's are doing an offer where its a £1 for a silicon case for the nano, and it has two plastic slits where the belt goes through, better than a clip IMO. But

1) Im not sure how different in size the old Nano is to the new one, and
2) I don't know if all Tescos do them.