PDA

View Full Version : PriceGrabber or AppleStore?

Ninion
2006-10-01, 13:14
Hi!
Im buying a Macbook Pro today. I live in Chile but Im buying online and sending it to a friend who lives in NYC and he will bring it with him in a month when he travels down here to see his family.
Anyway, he showed me Pricegrabber.com and i found a MacBook Pro with almost the exact specs that i wanted (2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB DDR2, 100GB, DVD±RW, Mac OS 10.4, 15.4" TFT - MPN: MA601LLA).

The only thing is that, obviously i cannont configure the keyboard to be Western Spanish, and i assume the 100hb hard drive is a 5400 rpm one because it doesnt say otherwise anywhere. The other thing that worries me is that probably this mac book pro is not one of the newest productions ( ive read the newer ones have the heat problem almost completely resolved or so ).

At pricegrabber it costs 2,149.00, and in AppleStore 2,599.00. I see there´s a considerable price diference, but in the later i can have a 7200 rpm HD, the keyboard i want and make sure its a mac from the newest production. Yet still, i have my doubts cause if i buy the first, the money i save i could use buying extra Ram.

What do you think?
Thanks in advance for your advice!
:)

Fahrenheit
2006-10-01, 13:23
The one you are looking at on pricegrabber is a 5400 drive. Pricegrabber is a comparison site, not a store :)

I would buy from Apple personally then you have complete peace of mind. ;)

Windowsrookie
2006-10-01, 13:25
If he's bringing it in a month why not wait a week to see if they are updated?

Ninion
2006-10-01, 14:17
Windowsrookie, i dunno if i should wait another week. Perhaps youre right. But Im thinking that if they get updated in a week, the delivery will take more days than normal since many will be buying the new macbookpros and i cant miss this oportunity since macs down here are quite expensive.

intlplby
2006-10-01, 15:53
i would wait... worst comes to worst and they do update them i'm sure you can get the current ones for cheaper at least the newer ones can't ship in time

i don't think the waiting list is nearly as long as the waiting list back in Jan/Feb when the MBPs first came out