PDA

View Full Version : airport card signal jumps green-yellow-green-yellow

matt
2004-09-29, 20:59
I added an Airport card to my 700mhz eMac (latest OS and airport firmware). I am trying to connect to a Linksys router, that is configured with default settings. My Windows laptop connects no problem, but my eMac has the status jump green, yellow, green, yellow, over and over again. I have the eMac right next to the router.

Any ideas?

DMBand0026
2004-09-30, 12:41
Is the antenna hooked up to the computer or just the airport card? The antenna makes a huge difference.

matt
2004-09-30, 16:54
pushed antenna in harder, rebooted. this time it asked would you like to join the Linksys network, I responded with an OK. i thought i was good, but then i noticed the same activity. green/yellow/green/yellow. i can't maintain a connection to the router. sounds like a defective card, i hope not (got it off ebay, new)

alcimedes
2004-09-30, 17:19
well, you can test the antanea by holding hte computer a few inches from the wireless router.

even w/o an antanea it should get signal from that close. if it does, then it's the antanea, if it doesn't, probably a problem with the card. you've done everything right, there's really not much to it.

matt
2004-09-30, 19:15
it's NOT the antenna, its the router. i took my emac to an apple store and it connected to the Airport Base Station with no problems.

What could be changed to make my router talk to my eMac. Like I said before, this Linksys router talks to my dad's WinXP box with no problems..and I believe with all default router parameters. What parameter would cause this connection to be disabled?

To re-iterate, the eMac finds the UN-Trusted Linksys network, I click OK to connect to it. And then it goes Yellow? What could this be?