PDA

View Full Version : HOw to learn apple script?

divinemann
2006-10-31, 09:20
I would love maximize my potential on the great machine, and I was wondering whats the best way to learn apple script? Are the classes, tutorials etc... :confused:
If how much does it cost and generally about how long does it take be functionally using it? This would be for for my own personal use, not for my job.
any information would be much appreciated. thanks

Brad
2006-10-31, 09:29
Moving to the Programmers Nook forum...

Brad
2006-10-31, 09:30
That said, AppleScript and the suite of developer tools made by Apple are all free. If you can't find the developer tools on the discs that came with your Mac, you can download them (about 900MB!) from connect.apple.com.

Wyatt
2006-10-31, 10:42
I would love maximize my potential on the great machine, and I was wondering whats the best way to learn apple script? Are the classes, tutorials etc... :confused:
If how much does it cost and generally about how long does it take be functionally using it? This would be for for my own personal use, not for my job.
any information would be much appreciated. thanks
Out of curiosity, why do you want to learn Apple Script? Some people jump into Apple Script because they think it's the only programming option for the Mac, but that's not the case at all.