PDA

View Full Version : Laptop WIreless Card--Which One Should I get?

jcoley2
2006-11-01, 09:20
I have been thinking about getting a wireless phone card for a month. I got to demo card from Sprint and it worked well with OS X--did not even have to download any software. Seemed pretty fast and coverage in my area is decent.

Today I see CIngular has announced a new 3G card and claims coverage in 120 countries. (I do some international traveling so this might be helpful but would NOT drive my purchase decision.)

I know each of these vendors (Cingular, Verizon and Sprint--probably the only ones I think I would consider) all use different technology and therefore have different download speeds (probably most important feature for me.) I am assuming all will work with OS X.

Does any one have any thing good or bad to say about these three firms? Does any one have a clue which firm's card might be the best for download speeds?

Thanks for the help.

jcoley2
2006-11-02, 21:39
I did a lot of research on this today and most are saying Sprint has the fastest download speeds. However, the new Cingular 3G card is claiming similar download times of 400-700 kbs. Curious if any one is using that new 3G card.