PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry/treo or Sprint 6700

designerguy
2006-11-21, 18:50
Any advice on smoothest connection between mac and the 3 brands of smart phones listed?

Looking to do some minimal web surfing and primarly POP email/google mail.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

torifile
2006-11-21, 19:21
The treo or the sprint phone would both be good. The treo will be the "easiest" but the PPC may actually provide a more better syncing experience (IOW, categories are synced, etc). You'd need the Missing Sync to make it work, but it's a great piece of software. Your only option for the BB is to get PocketMac and PM sucks. I'd avoid it. Mark/Space (the makers of the Missing Sync) sent out a survey about BB syncing so maybe they're working on it.

designerguy
2006-11-21, 20:00
Thanks! I've been reading some great reviews on the PC-6700. Sprint has a$15 a month web surf/email package that looks like a great deal.

Shades of Blue
2006-11-23, 20:34
I've been using the Sprint 6700 for almost a year and I'm very happy with it. I sync using the Missing Sync software, I have no problem using the phone with Gmail (I use the built-in POP mail program in the phone rather than browse to the Gmail site, but when I've tried it [to look up archived e-mails or whatnot] it's worked fine), and IE does an adequate job of displaying web sites. My major complaint would be that the stylus falls out too easily and I've gone through 4 of them; finally I gave up and now I just use my fingernails. That solution works well for pretty much everything except clicking on web page links that are close together. But if you don't wear the phone on your belt and/or you're not as apparently klutzy as me, maybe you can hold onto your styluses.

I have Sprint's $15/month unlimited data package for use with the phone and it's great. The data connection won't work if you're roaming, but I'm hardly ever roaming (although I live on the East Coast and Sprint's network pretty much covers it).

That's all I can think to say about that, but I'd be happy to answer any other questions.