PDA

View Full Version : looking for an automatic photo scanner

eleazar
2006-11-28, 22:36
I am looking for a scanner that can automatically scan a stack of 4x6 photos that are loaded in some tray or something like that. Is there anything out there? I looked on google and all I could find was the HP's Scanjet 5530 which is old and outdated.

I just don't want to sit there and load all of the pictures 1 at a time and hit the scan button if there is something out there that I can stack all the photos in and have it scan.

Thanks in advance.

Yonzie
2006-11-29, 05:14
I'm interested in the same.
I was looking at scanners with sheet feeders, but they can only take 50 sheets and I'm worried about the thickness of the paper.
Then there's film scanners which scan the negatives and most higher-end scanners have adapters but the problem is that the size is so small so the scanner has to be good to get decent results. Still, it is a better solution than scanning faded paper prints that have been printet badly, scratched and such.

You can buy the 5530 on the Apple store (http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore?productLearnMore=T8542#rev), but apparently, the feeder doesn't work with Macs...