PDA

View Full Version : Taking anal to a whole new level...

psmith2.0
2004-05-21, 12:04
Relax, it's not that kind of thread... :p

Story from Think Secret (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/ipodminicolors.html) today.

Is there THAT much of a variation? I mean, to the point people are actually raising a fuss and returning them? Were they trying to match a particular shoe or purse exactly? I ask, in all sincerity, WTF?

:confused: :rolleyes:

I could certainly understand if there were variations on the SAME UNIT (a blotchy, mottled appearance would indeed suck and be worthy of complaints). But from one blue or gold iPod to another blue or gold iPod? Who cares? Are friends getting together and comparing iPod shades and then bitching if they're different? How did this even come to pass?

People...gotta love 'em.

You just know that guy that's always into with Apple (can't remember his name, but he was at the center of that "Cube crack" controversy a few years ago, and has a long record of bitching/complaining/returning products...you know who I'm talking about, right?) is among those "unsatisfied" that his iPod wasn't the exact shade of pink he was hoping for.

"I was expecting more of a Hustler centerfold pink, Mr. Jobs. Instead, I get salamander belly pink. I expect prompt attention paid to this matter, and will expect a satisfactory replaced shipped to me immediately".

:rolleyes:

torifile
2004-05-21, 12:54
Maybe Apple needs to ship them with a sticker next to the "Don't Steal Music" sticker that gives that caveat jeans have "This garment is unique and my not be identical in color to other jeans..." or whatever.

psmith2.0
2004-05-21, 12:58
If this turns into something, I suppose they'll have to.

It would be another case of a few sad sacks making a company scramble and go into CYA mode, for fear of petty suits, petitions, bad PR, etc.

I'm waiting for the day that some company - ANY company - just says "bug off" to a small group of handwringers. It would be funny, if nothing else.

:D

But I think that's not gonna happen anytime soon...

Moogs
2004-05-21, 13:21
I can just see some dorkus measuring the hue of his iPod mini with a $1500 Gretag Colorimeter and comparing it to the one his friend has...

DMBand0026
2004-05-21, 13:48
We all had to see this coming. It's wicked ridiculous, but we all knew that people would jump on this like a fat kid on a cupcake. Any little thing, anything at all and people start crying like the little b****** they are.
Get over it, get a life, grow a set and accept that your friggin iPod isn't the same shade of pink that your imaginary girlfriend's is.
Geez.

SonOfSylvanus
2004-05-21, 14:13
--->8--- people start crying like the little b****** they are --->8---

babies?
boIIocks?
b- b- bandages?
erm...

ah... bitches.

Moogs
2004-05-21, 14:47
Get over it, get a life, grow a set and accept that your friggin iPod isn't the same shade of pink that your imaginary girlfriend's is.

LMAO!

Messiahtosh
2004-05-22, 16:30
LMAO!I second that! :D

hyperb0le
2004-05-22, 21:55
What? You mean my blue iPod mini is going to be #4F90C5 instead of #3871B2? Damn! I already painted my room to match... :'(

:) In all seriousness, this is ridiculous. Why cares what exact color it is? Blue is blue. Plus, the lighting will affect how it looks.

Mac+
2004-05-23, 03:35
That is pretty average - but it begs the question... did this happen when the original lifesaver iMacs were released?

AirSluf
2004-05-23, 09:56
XXXXX

stevegong
2004-05-23, 15:15
look guys, I know it's an asshole thing to do, but what about getting a free ipod accessory? I really wouldn't mind a dock... (those things are overpriced!)

InactionMan
2004-05-24, 09:04
Because the colour isn't exactly what you wanted??? Or are you just hoping to take advantage of the situation?

DMBand0026
2004-05-24, 09:21
Because the colour isn't exactly what you wanted??? Or are you just hoping to take advantage of the situation?

Yeah...the second one. Taking advantage.

stevegong
2004-05-24, 09:28
I have never compared mine to other green ones, but for some reason when poeple see it for the first time they think i have the gold version.

strange...to me it looks definitely green.

stevegong
2004-05-24, 09:31
Honestly I don't see why it's a big deal, why does apple even put up with this complaint? I can see a lot of people taking advantage of it, just because apple's being so good.