PDA

View Full Version : Missing Sync Question

noleli2
2004-10-10, 17:31
I'm considering getting Mark/Space's Missing Sync (http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.html) because it looks so much better than HotSync manager, but I would like to know if when you sync calendars and to-do lists from iCal, does the palm respect multiple calendars as different categories? And vice versa? My main gripe with the iSync conduit/HotSync manager setup is that it does not. Thanks.

LoCash
2004-10-10, 18:11
That's a good question. I bought the Missing Sync but I use it with Entourage and not iCal. You should e-mail the guys at MarkSpace about it, they've always been pretty quick to reply to me.

goldfish
2004-10-10, 19:03
From the Missing Sync. manual
NOTE: At this time Missing Sync does NOT map the categories of handheld events with iCal calendar names. While thismay change in a future release, we chose NOT to map the categories because iCal does not have a true category fieldand mapping the calendar name as a handheld shared category means that the Address Book, To Do and other Pocket PC apps would include the same iCal names as categories that often wouldn’t make sense (e.g. Holidays). A biggerissue is that the handheld allows you to mark multiple categories, but does NOT allow you to mark a primary category. Inthis case, there was not a clear choice as to which iCal calendar the event should belong to (e.g. should the same event be added to multiple iCal calendars, or just the first matching alphabetically?)

As at v1.0.4. I'm not sure how up to date my version of Missing Sync is though, so it would probably pay to check.

Simon