PDA

View Full Version : Mac Pro future

AtlantaX
2007-01-18, 13:37
I was going to buy a Mac Pro and then at MacWorld Steve Jobs hinted that "other announcements" regardings Macs etc will be coming out over the next few weeks and months.

Also, there has been speculation that a quad core Mac Pro would come out that would shift the price points of the current Mac Pro downward.

So, anyone have advice? The MacPro as is, is at the high end of my desired spend. I would love to pick it up cheaper if a newer MacPro would push it down a little or better, if a quad core ould replace the dual core at the same price point.

The IPHONE is dominating the news so I can't find any hints as to the short term release future of the MacPro....

Wraven
2007-01-18, 13:53
AtlantaX,

Personally I would wait if I were you. There is a good chance the native quad core and octo Mac Pro will be announced soon. The processors have been ready for about 2 months now.

Fallencircus
2007-01-19, 10:55
I am in the same boat as you. If apple goes by what is "typical" there are about 40 days left in the cycle before it is updated. But of course that really doesn't mean a whole lot. I don't think they will wait until WWDC though, I think that will be the new Macbook Pro. So I am hoping by the end of NAB we see the new Mac Pro, CS3, and FCP Studio 6.

Kusakun
2007-01-24, 16:38
Me too. Im waiting to change my computer. Lets cross our fingers and wait

Moogs
2007-01-24, 18:43
I hope their new "native" quad cores have "native faster ram" or your apps are going to get "natively bottlenecked". :D

spikeh
2007-01-24, 19:16
I hope their new "native" quad cores have "native faster ram" or your apps are going to get "natively bottlenecked". :D

":lol:"