PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy iBook (G3 500 MHz) CD or DVD Drive?

djroygbiv
2007-02-02, 09:16
Hi guys,

I bought an old G3 500MHz iBook from Macsales shortly before the holidays but decided I'm going to buy a MacBook instead and want to sell it. I really didn't use the computer much other than turning it on to check out the screen brightness, pixels, etc. and connect the internet but in getting it ready to try and sell, I noticed that the CD Drive doesn't seem to be working. I popped a CD and a DVD in and nothing happens.....the drive doesn't seem to be spinning at all. Thats my fault...I probably should have tested everything out when I received the computer a few months ago.

Any idea where I can get a decently priced replacement CD or DVD drive to put in there? I looked around online and found a few I think would work on ebay but that was about it.

Is it even worth putting a new one in there....or should I just sell it as is?

Along those lines, anybody looking for an older iBook? I'm not looking to turn a profit...I would just like to get back what I paid for it so I can use that money towards a MacBook.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PB PM
2007-02-02, 12:11
You might as well sell it as is, you wont recover the cost of replacing the drive.