PDA

View Full Version : When To Buy ? MacBook Pro

harrisw1
2007-02-12, 07:56
Hi All,

I have finally talked my wife into letting me get a MacBook Pro, but my question is when should I buy it. I know that there is going to be a major update to the OS soon, and to be honest I don't need it right away.

So, do I wait or just buy one next week. As an added factor, I am going to be traveling through NH next week and they don't have sales taxes (that saves about 250 bucks);) .

Thanks

HW

zippy
2007-02-12, 09:21
If you really don't need it now, and can be patient, then waiting for Leopard isn't a terrible idea. I personally think the MBP is due for an update, and am hoping it happens within the next couple of months. Specifically, I think it needs two features currently available on the MB: mag-latch, and user replaceable harddrive.

Whether it gets these or not is just a guess, but since I'm in the same boat as you wherein I don't really need one right now, I'm waiting. If they don't do anything to it by the time Leopard comes out, that may be enough to get me to order one.

P.S.
What I'm really waiting for in Apple Dream Land is a new 11 or 12" MBP. If only....

Is it 1981?
2007-02-12, 10:43
Keep in mind Leopard isn't due for release until "Spring" - if you decide to wait for it, you could be talking several months.

As for an upgrade to the MBP itself, well nobody knows... If it were my money, I'd either buy right now, or wait until early summer for Leopard and any potential MBP upgrades.