PDA

View Full Version : when to buy MBP

neilhu
2007-02-20, 20:41
I am just about to buy a MacBook Pro, but not sure whether to buy right now or wait until March/April - the reason for the indecision is the upcoming release of Leopard and iLife '07.
If I buy now, what happens when Leopard and iLife '07 get released - do I get an upgrade free of charge or would I need to purchase them?

turtle
2007-02-20, 20:44
I am just about to buy a MacBook Pro, but not sure whether to buy right now or wait until March/April - the reason for the indecision is the upcoming release of Leopard and iLife '07.
If I buy now, what happens when Leopard and iLife '07 get released - do I get an upgrade free of charge or would I need to purchase them?

Unlikely you'd get a free upgrade for either. Less likely iLife '07. If you can wait, then I would. If you need it now, but it now.

Wyatt
2007-02-20, 20:45
Actually, you might even wait until June for the developer's conference. We might see the MBP get a processor bump then.

If you buy now, you absolutely won't get discounts on Leopard and iLife. You only get them if you buy a computer after the software is released but your computer didn't come with them preloaded. In that case, you can usually upgrade for free (or very cheap).

spikeh
2007-02-20, 20:45
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

You will have to pay to upgrade. I would advise almost everyone thinking about buying new hardware to wait for Leopard at the moment.

Windowsrookie
2007-02-20, 21:09
Why do you need Leopard or iLife 07?

spikeh
2007-02-20, 21:15
A computer would be fairly useless without an operating system or any software...

:lol: :D

PB PM
2007-02-20, 21:31
Tiger isn't an OS? and iLife 06 isn't software? If you need it, get it, if not wait, it is just that simple.