PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Spanning w/ CoreDuo iMac

drewprops
2007-03-15, 14:45
I was reading MacLeod's question about hooking an external monitor to his Intel iMac (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=15712&highlight=external+monitor) because I've started considering doing the same thing BUT I need some advice about how to tackle the change that will come with spanning multiple monitors. Specifically, since I use a Wacom tablet in lieu of a mouse, I suspect that I'm going to need to purchase a larger tablet to retain the "fine" control that I have with the current setup. Shrinking my physical mousing/stylus space will result in frustration, I've experienced that in the past.

The machine is a CoreDuo (not a Core2Duo).
I'll be working in all the normal DTP apps, web design apps and Final Cut Express.

What size monitor will work with these things without being too laggy? What are some good models to consider here in Q1:2007?
Do you think the next size up from the Wacom Graphire would be large enough to preserve the "feel" of my onscreen territory?

Thanks Regis!!

chucker
2007-03-15, 14:46
You can't use 2560x1600 because it's only single-link DVI, but anything up to and including 1920x1200 (typically 23 or 24 inches) should work great.

drewprops
2007-03-15, 14:47
Damn, Chucker.
Are you an AI program or something?
Come on. You have to be.