PDA

View Full Version : ADC Questions:

Moogs
2007-03-24, 17:38
1. When I purchase a select membership, there is literally a box (like the ones pictured on the site) that is shipped to me, right? And I presume
part of the content of that box, is the pre-release seed key? OR

1a. As soon as you purchase, do you receive an email with the key so that you can download Leopard right away? Or, does your ADC account (I have an existing free account) just auto-update after a few hours, showing you new download links?

2. Is the hardware discount more or less than the academic / home-school discount?

3. Can it apply to more than one piece of hardware in a single purchase? Like a Laptop and Desktop?

4. If there's a FAQ posted I couldn't find it on the main ADC post-login page or the section pages. Can you forgive the nooB questions? ;)

NosferaDrew
2007-03-24, 19:09
1. Yeah, you get a box with lots of documentation, a DVD with a OSX seed on it and a cool OS X t-shirt. You also get the new seeds sent to you in the mail with DVDs of Developers conferences.

1a. As soon as your ADC membership is approved you can log in to the ADC site and download the latest seed, lots of SDKs, Developer Tools, reference libraries, etc.
I'm guessing that once you receive the email saying that your membership is approved, you'll get access to all the good stuff automatically.

2. I never took advantage of the discount, but I believe it's similar to Education discounts. For example, you can get an AppleTV for $269, the low end MacBook for $989, 4GB nano for $179.

3. You get 1 CPU and 1 monitor or 1 iMac or 1 portable. You are also limited to 1 of each type of accessory per system purchased.

4. Try this: link (http://developer.apple.com/faq/prereleasesoftware.html).

Moogs
2007-03-24, 19:13
Drew comes through in the clutch... thanks man.

I feel a little better about things now. I think I'll go ahead and bite the bullet as I have a business need for some of the stuff they offer and the hardware discount will pretty much make up the difference anyway. Was hoping I could do a desktop and laptop in one purchase but alas no dice....