PDA

View Full Version : Good price for a PS3?

torifile
2007-03-30, 00:17
I've got the chance to buy a 60gig PS3 for $520. It's new. I'm not wedded to any particular console yet, so legacy stuff isn't a problem. Should I bite?

rasmits
2007-03-30, 00:27
I'd say that's a pretty decent price.

Robo
2007-03-30, 00:49
Uh...if you want a PS3, or see yourself wanting one anytime in the near future, then yes.

Finding one for $599 isn't the problem it once was (we have bunches at my store!) but $520 is a good price. I don't think Sony will drop the price until 2008 (and even then, it'd probably be $499, so you'd only be saving $20 by waiting for a drop).

Obviously, nobody but you can decide if it's "worth it," but if you do want a PS3, that's quite a deal.

May I ask how you're getting a new PS3 for so little?

turtle
2007-03-30, 00:53
I say get it, but that's only because you can add it to the F@H team. :D Not to mention it's a really cheap Blu-Ray player that happens to Fold and play games too!

torifile
2007-03-30, 00:54
May I ask how you're getting a new PS3 for so little?

craigslist.

I was going to settle with a 360 for a console but the whole wireless adapter, XBL gold costs has annoyed me a bit. And I am wowed by the PS3's sheer power. Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to do it. Not like I'll have time to play it or anything, but...

turtle
2007-03-30, 01:03
I just checked eBay and they are going for about $530 right now. Though you need to add shipping to those too. Still not bad for what you get. Maybe I need to splurge, though I won't since I need to get me a notebook first.

neiltc13
2007-03-30, 05:55
I paid $834 for my 60GB PS3, so if you're getting it for that price I'd say it's a bargain.

Pick up Formula 1: Championship Edition - it's a fantastic game.

torifile
2007-03-30, 06:14
Cool. I'm going to pick it up this afternoon. I'm going to buy Oblivion for sure (I was really into it before XP started getting slow on my iMac and it was too much for it to handle). What else should I get? I'm not a car game fan.

Wyatt
2007-03-30, 07:36
Cool. I'm going to pick it up this afternoon. I'm going to buy Oblivion for sure (I was really into it before XP started getting slow on my iMac and it was too much for it to handle). What else should I get? I'm not a car game fan.
Heh, I just bought Oblivion for the second time (I'm rebuilding my PC to play it). What other kinds of games are you into?

torifile
2007-03-30, 08:39
Heh, I just bought Oblivion for the second time (I'm rebuilding my PC to play it). What other kinds of games are you into?
I sort of vacillate between games that are story driven and those that you can just pick up at any time. I don't really have a "type" per se. I'm bad at all of them but I tend to better at games like Zelda that don't require quick reflexes or high end rigs. That's one of the reasons I found that Oblivion worked for me. The only drawback to a game like that is that I can't just leave it for a while.