PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed: What products are necessary for best care of a MacBook?

Leia1912
2007-04-19, 20:51
I have, quite unexpectedly, become the owner of a new MacBook. (My old iBook was a horror and AppleCare made the decision to give me a MacBook. As you might guess, I love Apple right now.) I want to take very good care of this computer and ensure it remains gorgeous for as long as possible. What products do I need for this--if I need any? For example, that Speck See-through snap-on case, or the Marware protection kit--are they necessary or just gimmicks? Thanks for any advice you could give--I appreciate it!

torifile
2007-04-19, 21:15
If you got a white one, get that Marware wrist thingy. I wish I had gotten one early on because my wrist rests are discolored. Not in the defective way the early ones were, but just dirty. The marware wrist thing gets dirty too but it's easier to replace.

jdcfsu
2007-04-19, 21:26
I use Windex wipes on my white MacBooks' glossy parts and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the palm rests and don't have a problem. The rests need to be scrubbed about once a month to prevent them from going permanently bad, but otherwise a few minutes with the two of them and the bad boy looks brand new.