PDA

View Full Version : Good Mouse

JK47
2007-06-12, 13:17
I'm looking for a good mouse that meets the following qualifications:

Bluetooth
Laser
Ergonomic (i.e. not Mighty Mouse)

A rechargable mouse would be a plus, but it's not something I have my heart set on. I really like some of Logitech's offerings, and I've enjoyed many of their products in the past. Unfortunately, all their mice seem to be USB. (Why?) :grumble:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated. :)

DJ-Steve-Jobz
2007-06-12, 13:42
The old Apple Mouse, but thats not ergonomic for some.

I have to say I'll suffer mighty mouse for a nice looking desk.

JK47
2007-06-13, 19:05
Any other ideas?

Aanidaani
2007-06-13, 19:34
Get a Logitech Trackball (Amazon Product Info (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-904353-0403-Trackman-Wheel-Optical/dp/B00005NIMJ)). I love mine and they're available in different versions to suit your needs. You might take a few days to get adjusted to them, but once you do, you won't want to go back to a normal mouse!

Mac+
2007-06-13, 20:05
Do you really *need* BT? Some people claim it has a perceptible lag.

Here (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=19313) is a good thread to check out.

I personally have the Logitech MX1000 and swear by it, as do some others around here. You might want to check out the Logitech site in your country and then get some hands on experience at your local distributor.

Yes, the wireless offerings take up a USB port for the RF reciever and charging cradle - but it is only one port. Besides, look at it this way: no battery wastage. :)

dmegatool
2007-06-13, 20:18
MX Revolution here. It's really really nice. A little bit expensive but it really worth it IMO. The spinning wheel thing is so usefull. Take a look at it here (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/130&cl=us,en)

It's the next generation of the MX1000 so same thing here, receiver and charging cradle.

malcolm
2007-06-13, 20:19
I'll put in a vote for the Logitech MX Revolution. Not BT (at least not the version I have, but then, I agree with Mac+ - - don't like BT) but very ergonomic, lots of programmable buttons. From my experience, you need a piece of software called 'SteerMouse' to make it work properly on a Mac.
Cheers,
Malcolm

dmegatool
2007-06-13, 20:28
You can actually download a pref pane to configure it. Don't know where I took it but it's there. You can configure gobale settings or per software individually

almost2mac
2007-06-13, 22:01
I love my Logitech G5 laser mouse. There is a wireless version but I have the corded one. It's expensive but swank - you can adjust a weight insert (I like mine heavy), change dpi on the fly, and the solid teflon feet slide really nice on a rough desk surface. Also the cord is covered with woven material.

tomoe
2007-06-15, 17:47
I'll third the MX Revolution. My only complaint is that sometimes the driver hiccups and "forgets" custom application settings. Aside from this, it's wonderful and I now shudder at using the Mighty Mouse (it has a comfy spot in the back corner of my closet).

Fahrenheit
2007-06-15, 17:59
I have a Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000, serves my needs, is very comfortable and very good value for the precision.

That said, its wireless and not bluetooth. I'd go for the IBM Spaceball! :D

Koodari
2007-06-15, 20:05
When a company can't make their drivers work right, I'd steer clear of them. Fully working drivers are not too much to ask.

Bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth nor the latency to deliver the benefits from a very high sensitivity mouse such as the laser mice. That's why I don't see the point of insisting on both "laser" and "Bluetooth".

Are you going to be using this on a special surface, or why do you want specifically a laser mouse? High sensitivity infrareds are about as good on normal mouse mats. Razer, known for very high end performance mice, even went back from laser to infrared for their newest model.