PDA

View Full Version : Images for Website and Google Calendar

washington mac user
2007-06-12, 15:41
So I want to put a picture of mine as the background image on the website I am making, but the image I took is with an 8 mega pixel camera so if I put that as the background image it only displays a part of the image since it is so huge. I then clicked email in Windows Photo Gallery so it shrunk my image to have a pixel resolution of 1280 by 1024, but I found that to be too small and was wondering if there was anything I could do to make it of a larger size.

I have another question about Google Calendar. I am going to embed it into my website but the color of my website is dark purple/indigo and I was wondering if there was any way to change the color of Google Calendar to be a different color instead of the light blue it is. I copied the URL into the web address and checked out the HTML and CSS using Firebug and was wondering if it would be legal to copy the HTML and CSS into my file instead of using what Google gives you with <iframe>.

I recommend Firebug for Firefox and it can be downloaded here (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843)

Wyatt
2007-06-12, 15:44
You can use iPhoto to resize photos. When you export pictures, you can set a maximum photo size, and it scales all the photos you selected that are larger than that size to be no bigger than the size you put in.

Ryan
2007-06-13, 00:19
So I want to put a picture of mine as the background image on the website I am making, but the image I took is with an 8 mega pixel camera so if I put that as the background image it only displays a part of the image since it is so huge. I then used the emailing thing in Windows Photo Gallery so it shrunk my image to have a pixel resolution of 1280 by 1024, but I found that to be too small and was wondering if there was anything I could do to make it of a larger size.I may just be poorly worded, but when I read this, I take it to mean that you resized the original file. Do you still have a copy of the eight megapixel original, or just the scaled-down one? In the case of the latter, there isn't much you can do to enlarge it while retaining quality.

washington mac user
2007-06-13, 00:40
Sorry about the wording. I didn't resize the original file. I just clicked the picture and then clicked email in Windows Photo Gallery and it asked me what size I want to send the picture as and I clicked large which is 1280 by 1024. Then outlook popped up with an attachment of my picture that was 1280 by 1024 and then I just dragged that over to my desktop. So I have the original and the attachment. I just want to know if there is a proper way for shrinking images rather than doing what I did. I have to use Vista only right now because my brother is using my Powerbook because his HP laptop died on him and he doesn't want to buy a new laptop yet.

EmC
2007-06-13, 00:46
I have never used it, found it in a google search for "free image re-sizer."

Windows Re-sizer (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx)

washington mac user
2007-06-13, 01:54
Thanks for the link but I found something else after writing in what you wrote for your search. I guess no one knows about Google Calendars though... I tried posting in the Google Calendar Discussion Group but no one has responded and yes, I made sure it wasn't confusing...

washington mac user
2007-06-13, 13:07
Someone from Google responded and I guess I'm not allowed to do it :( which makes sense, but there has been a lot of talk about it on the discussion boards.