PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new iMac...

Aanidaani
2007-06-14, 17:37
Hey guys. I've heard rumors about possible iMac upgrades soon, so I'm unsure as to whether to buy one now. My Powerbook G4 is 3 years old and I'd like to upgrade to a 20" iMac, but I don't know if I should wait. I'm not in any real hurry to buy it, but I feel that I'll keep postponing buying it until Apple upgrades them. Any advice on what to do? :confused: Does anyone have one of the Core Duo 2s? If so, are you satisfied with it? Thanks guys.

dmegatool
2007-06-14, 18:19
If you take a look here http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/, you'll see that the iMac is clearly orverdue. You don't seems in an hurry so if I was you, I would wait. It will probably worth it :)

Boomerangmacuser
2007-06-14, 19:40
The rules of computer purchasing: Wait as long as you can. Buy as much as you can. Then stop looking at prices.

In this case, we're on the edge of a new iMac design AND a new OS. I'd REALLY wait if I were you. I know I am coveting the same 20" iMac as you are.

Patience Grasshopper! ;)

psmith2.0
2007-06-14, 19:46
I'm not in any real hurry to buy it, but I feel that I'll keep postponing buying it until Apple upgrades them. Any advice on what to do?

You just answered your own question...you're not in a hurry (you've got a decent machine working for you now), and we all know that the iMac is due for an update any week now (I believe that). Those rumors pointing toward a redesign and the 20" and 24" being the only models (and coming down a bit in price) would definitely make me hold on!

If were were mid-cycle and there was no talk of a significant update/redesign, I'd tell you to buy now. But that's not the case. Wait it out a bit and get a brand-new, cutting-edge model (probably within 2-4 weeks). Now that the MacBook Pro line got that updated Intel stuff, it's probably finding its way to the iMac shortly.

You've waited this long...what's another few weeks? I really can't imagine Apple dragging it out until late summer or fall...

:\

bender0069
2007-06-14, 20:27
I bought a brand new 24" iMac in March. I wanted to waited but lost patients, and I don't regret my decision one bit. Like you I was going to get a 20" but my husband pushed for a 24" I thought it was too big, but again I'm glad I went for a bigger screen. Now, I don't do anything real exciting on my mac, emails, internet, banking ect but I love it anyway. This is my first Mac ever, and I can not imagine going back to a windows machine.

If you can wait, wait. But if not, I like the machine I have.

rasmits
2007-06-14, 20:29
I wanted to waited but lost patients
Oh no! How many?

:lol: :p

kieran
2007-06-14, 20:50
Oh no! How many?

:lol: :lol:

Nice, I was trying to think of something, but you beat me to it.

boxcar_racer821
2007-06-14, 23:12
Oh no! How many?

lmao...wow that was just too sly of you

basically i have nothing new to add...itll be tough waiting, but the benefit will far outway it. And definitely do not keep watching prices at apple, that may be painful...maybe wait till leopard?

sirnick4
2007-06-15, 01:44
WAIT!!

'nuff said

bender0069
2007-06-15, 08:17
Originally Posted by bender0069 View Post
I wanted to waited but lost patients
Oh no! How many?

The joys of work life interfering with playtime. Hopefully I won't lose any patients at work today and manage to keep my patience at the same time.
:p