PDA

View Full Version : 3G Sprint Phone as Bluetooth Modem?

Kraetos
2007-06-27, 11:53
My boss is looking for a way to have mobile broadband on her MacBook. Since she has no ExpressCard slot, her only option is a phone that doubles as a bluetooth modem. She is up for a new phone, and she's on Sprint.

Sprint seems to be pushing Samsung as their bluetooth modem solution, but Samsung phones have awful Mac support. Does anyone know of/have a Sprint phone that can be used as a bluetooth modem? 3G would be ideal, but not necessary.

torifile
2007-06-27, 15:15
The A900 is the one of the only phones you can tether with without being detected. I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure you can find a guide over on howardforums.com. As far as I know, it's a power vision (Sprint's EVDO/3G network) phone.

Kraetos
2007-06-27, 16:24
Hm. Any *non*-Samsung phones? While Samsung makes some of the best phones out there, their Mac support is awful. It's like they go out of their way to cripple their phones.

torifile
2007-06-27, 16:38
Hm. Any *non*-Samsung phones? While Samsung makes some of the best phones out there, their Mac support is awful. It's like they go out of their way to cripple their phones.
Not that I know of. Like I said, howardforums.com is the absolute best place to get info on this sort of thing. That site's a bear and a pain in the ass because it's so large, but it also has some good info on it.

Kraetos
2007-06-28, 08:51
Not that I know of. Like I said, howardforums.com is the absolute best place to get info on this sort of thing. That site's a bear and a pain in the ass because it's so large, but it also has some good info on it.

Bummer. Thanks. :)