PDA

View Full Version : Which 17" MBPro?

zoran
2007-07-04, 14:01
The normal version or the high definition one?
Everyone seems to say that the high res display, creates squinting to be able to see the text and also the palletes in many apps! Unfortunatelly i havent been able to see that MBPro yet, cause no Apple store where i live has received any yet! I was hoping perhaps a screenshot (command+shift+3) might give me an idea of things, or i dont know what else. Frankly im totally lost......help!

HiRez
2007-07-04, 15:02
The hi definition display works fine for me (as we speak). Just set your fonts a little bigger for webbrowsing. The extra real estate is very useful!

Only thing that might be slightly disappointing is the fuzzyness at 1680x1050. But at native full res it beautiful and razorsharp.

I won't decide for you however :-) I strongly recommend seeing it live in person!

Good luck with your decision!
HiRez (just like the screen of my MBP ;-) )

zoran
2007-07-04, 15:07
thanx for your advise, but is there any way i can have a look at the real size of your desktop (perhaps also how an app works at the high res?)?
what apps are u using? are u a graphic designer?

HiRez
2007-07-04, 15:43
I am not a graphic designer although I do dabble a bit in graphic apps. I bought the hi-res screen for the real estate and viewing photo's.

My MBP is only a few days old so I havent used photoshop etc on it yet. It's a luxury purchase. My old computer (MDD dual G4) is on another floor and we both wanted a computer we could use in our living room and terras. It's more social to surf and work in the living room instead of "living" seperately in the same house if you want to use the computer.

I could make a screenshot but I don't think it will give you a true idea of the sharpness and size "on screen" etc because you will be looking at it on a display with different dpi etc.
In my opinion it will depend on the way you plan to use your MBP as well. If you plan to use is as a fixed computer with seperate keyboard and mouse and you will place the display relatively far away then maybe a non-hires display might be advisable. But I really use it as a "laptop" so I am fairly close to the screen and have no problems.

HiRez