PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset-Looking for one that's easy to use, comfortable, and reliable

AubreyL
2007-07-10, 13:08
I read a lot of reviews of Bluetooth Headsets when I purchased my iPhone. It seemed the Jawbone was the clear winner and came out far above others in reviews. I almost waited for the Apple Bluetooth Headset but I know it's not out yet and the fact it doesn't have the earpiece to go around your ear makes me wonder how well it'll stay on.

I ended up getting the Jawbone after the Apple Store spoke highly of it. I finally got it hooked up. Quality wise it's great. It seems simple to use and the sound quality is great. I only have two issues.
First, it seems kind of uncomfortable. I think with changes ear pieces and maybe bending the metal some I can finally get a feel that's comfortable for me with time.

The second is what bothers me. The noise cancellation is easy to use. I like that button but have a issue with the on/off answer/hang up button. Unfortunately it's not like the other. I feel I have to push the headset too hard. Sometimes it's hard to push it hard enough of it just presses it against my skin so hard. I read some on google and seems some others have this same issue. Is this something you get used to? Can you also answer and hang up calls on the phone itself without using the headset?

Unfortunately I may be back to researching a good headset and I'm confused. It seems like a lot just comes down to personal preference with feel but I don't want to have to buy a lot and deal with returning items, paying restocking fees, etc. The brands that seem most popular are Jabra and Plantronics but I have seen some Motorola headsets that seem nice and I think Sony makes some nice ones. I just like the noise cancellation but are there certain brands I should look at and specific models? I want something that is light but stays on well and has good quality and most of all, easy to press buttons. Should I wait for the Apple Headset? Any advice?

drewprops
2007-07-13, 14:59
See my reply to Mark about the Jabra over in the Purchasing Advice forum.

Brad
2007-07-13, 16:16
Speaking of which, this thread belongs in the Purchasing Advice forum too. Moving!

kscherer
2007-07-13, 16:33
We've been selling the Jawbone (http://www.jawbone.com/). They are pretty cool! ;)

noleli2
2009-03-18, 10:32
Figured I'd bump this thread rather than start a new one.

About six weeks ago my 2.5-year-old Plantronics headset fell out of my coat pocket into the abyss that is Ann Arbor, never to be retrieved.

In the mean time, I'm getting pretty tired of holding the phone (and all its non-ionizing RF radiation) next to my head; I want a new one!

I'd like to stay on the cheaper end, say, the $50–$80 range, but if there's something killer out there I'd consider going higher.

Any advice on good, but simple, headsets?

Thanks!

MBHockey
2009-03-19, 06:49
Would you rather it be ionizing radiation? ;)

I have a Plantronics Discovery 925 and it's been great with my iPhone. $70 over at Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875978063)

torifile
2009-03-19, 07:01
I like my Moto H15 (once I figured out how to use it).