PDA

View Full Version : Another InDesign question

torifile
2004-05-23, 20:12
Why is my text blurry?

pdf of file (http://homepage.mac.com/torifile/.Pictures/back.pdf)

This is the back of my wedding program. The text on the front is fine. Any advice?

btw, this is in ID CS. TIA.

Stroszek
2004-05-23, 22:05
I assume that you are talking about the centered text "The Wedding of ... South Carolina" right?

Did you use the same typeface on the front, and it's not blurry there, only on the back? Or is the blurry text the only time you used that particular face?

Congrats on the wedding, btw.

torifile
2004-05-23, 22:34
I assume that you are talking about the centered text "The Wedding of ... South Carolina" right?

Did you use the same typeface on the front, and it's not blurry there, only on the back? Or is the blurry text the only time you used that particular face?

Congrats on the wedding, btw.

Thanks. :)

Actually, all the text is blurry. :confused: The other "side" (another file) is the same font and it's clear as a bell. I can post the ID file if that will help.

Stroszek
2004-05-24, 10:19
You can post the file if you would like, but at the moment I am wondering what you mean by blurry. Is it blurry only on screen and in the PDF file, or is it also blurry when it pops out of the printer?

Sometimes PDF files seem blurry because of the way that the text anti-alisaes (if this is a word), but everything is fine when it comes out of the printer....

torifile
2004-05-24, 10:59
You can post the file if you would like, but at the moment I am wondering what you mean by blurry. Is it blurry only on screen and in the PDF file, or is it also blurry when it pops out of the printer?

Sometimes PDF files seem blurry because of the way that the text anti-alisaes (if this is a word), but everything is fine when it comes out of the printer....

It's blurry when printed. Like I said, the other document prints fine. Thanks for the help.

2004-05-24, 11:15
That's odd. It's not blurry for me, and it printed fine off of my laser printer.

One thing I did notice as I zoomed in on your file is that some of the center text seemed to go from about an 85% grey to almost black where the tiff image overlapped. I wasn't sure if that transparency was intentional, but if it wasn't make sure your tiff is *behind* all of the text.

torifile
2004-05-24, 11:21
That's odd. It's not blurry for me, and it printed fine off of my laser printer.

One thing I did notice as I zoomed in on your file is that some of the center text seemed to go from about an 85% grey to almost black where the tiff image overlapped. I wasn't sure if that transparency was intentional, but if it wasn't make sure your tiff is *behind* all of the text.

Really? I don't understand it at all. When I print the other document on the same printer, it's very clear. When I print this one, it's blurry. :confused: Thanks for pointing out the text thing. For some reason, when it overlaps with the image, it gets gray. I don't understand that either. I'm pretty sure it's behind the text. I'll have to tweak it some. I've got a couple days. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2004-05-24, 11:29
Post the ID file if you like...I'm sure it's something simple. :)