PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for iTunes to rip a CD Extra?

Stroszek
2004-05-24, 01:00
Although I thought I ripped my entire CD collection a while back, I have recently come across a few CDs that I neglected to rip. One of these CDs is Fiona Apple's "Tidal" It has a music portion and an interactive portion to it. Back in the day, these were called CD Extras. I don't know if that's still the hip term or not. Either way, I can't get iTunes 2 (I'm on an OS 9 computer) to recognize the CD in the drive, and therefore, cannot rip it. Does anyone know of a work around for this?

I posted this same problem over a year ago to the .com Genius Bar but never got a solution. Please help! Pretty please?

Defiant
2004-05-24, 04:37
I can send you the ripped files if you want, piracy should be no problem because you clearly own the CD.

PM me.

Stroszek
2004-05-24, 10:21
If you don't mind that would be great. But how did you get them?! Is it something a newer version of iTunes is capable of? Or was iTMS involved?

Defiant
2004-05-26, 02:50
No, no special version of iTunes, nor the iTMS were involved. My computer just recognized the CD and imported it fine. I believe I used iTunes 3 to import. I have to check.