PDA

View Full Version : Leopard upgrade?

hackysackmaster
2007-08-06, 17:52
I am planning on possibly buying a new macbook tomorrow. I doubt an update is in the immediate future so I figure it is an alright time to buy. My question is, if I get the notebook now is there a certain time frame (30 days or something) in which apple will give you a free upgrade from tiger to leopard if you recently purchased the machine? I couldn't recall if they did this or not but I seem to remember hearing that years ago

kieran
2007-08-06, 17:57
Even if they do plan on giving upgrades for 30 days prior or something, Leopard isn't even coming out until October, so you'd be well out of that time frame.

Why not wait until Leopard comes out?

thegeriatric
2007-08-06, 18:00
I agree with Kieran23kk. Wait for the official release of Leopard.

MeganLA26
2007-08-07, 19:36
I'm in the same situation. I really want to buy a new MacBook Pro ...like NOW, but Im having to push my patient button until October. Not fun. I'm stuck with my crappy, clunky, slow Windows XP desktop that I've had for almost 6 years now! And classes are starting up again soon. Geez.

I would just wait it out, if you can.

Windowsrookie
2007-08-07, 19:40
10.4.10 is a very nice OS in the mean time though. :)

billysea
2007-08-11, 02:21
What's the big thing in Leopard that cannot be done in Tiger? Will I miss something big if I get my MBPro now?

sirnick4
2007-08-11, 11:13
What's the big thing in Leopard that cannot be done in Tiger? Will I miss something big if I get my MBPro now?

If you need the computer now, I would buy it. <-- This is and will always be the rule of thumb.

TO ALL PEOPLE ATTENDING COLLEGE FOR THE FIRST TIME: Buy the damn computer. Trust me, it will be hard (especially nowadays) to not have your computer with you in class (assuming you're taking classes where a laptop would be beneficial). Desktop users might be able to wait.

But hey, why deprive yourself?

;)

Anthem
2007-08-11, 11:17
Is there any way to get both the Student/iPod upgrade and the Leopard upgrade?