PDA

View Full Version : Forum Software with the ability to rate posts

Kraetos
2007-08-08, 19:00
Hello fellow nerds,

I am looking for some lightweight forum software written in PHP which has the ability for users to rate posts built into it, like found on digg stories, urbandictionary posts, or amazon ratings. Any ideas? phpBB, vBulletin, and SMF, as far as I can tell, don't have this built in.

Majost
2007-08-08, 19:43
Hello fellow nerds,

I am looking for some lightweight forum software written in PHP which has the ability for users to rate posts built into it, like found on digg stories, urbandictionary posts, or amazon ratings. Any ideas? phpBB, vBulletin, and SMF, as far as I can tell, don't have this built in.

You can rate threads in vB. :D

alcimedes
2007-08-08, 19:46
Yeah, Vb has the ability to rate threads, we just turn it off.

PKIDelirium
2007-08-08, 19:50
Invision does as well.

PhpBB 3 might have that capability via a mod.

Kraetos
2007-08-08, 19:51
Threads or Posts? I want software that can let users rate *posts* within threads and then arrange the thread not by post time, but by post rating. Thread rating is totally irrelevant for what I am trying to do, so that doesn't help much.

Windowsrookie
2007-08-08, 19:53
That would get too confusing.

Kraetos
2007-08-08, 19:55
That would get too confusing.

You don't even know what I am trying to do! Think Yahoo! Answers.

Windowsrookie
2007-08-08, 20:02
Yeah, you want posts to be arranged by rating. But what if someone is replying to an earlier posts and it gets rated up above the post they are replying too? People wouldn't understand what the hell he was talking about until they read the lower rated post.

Kraetos
2007-08-08, 20:19
Yeah, you want posts to be arranged by rating. But what if someone is replying to an earlier posts and it gets rated up above the post they are replying too? People wouldn't understand what the hell he was talking about until they read the lower rated post.

But what if the nature of the board is such that replies will only be regarding the first post, which will always stay at the top?

You know, like Yahoo! Answers. ;)

disclaimer: I am not trying to set up a competitor to Yahoo! Answers.

thegeriatric
2007-08-09, 04:58
Yeah, Vb has the ability to rate threads, we just turn it off.

T.F.F.T.;)