PDA

View Full Version : Effect of the Sept 5 iPod event on existing student offer?

Anthem
2007-08-25, 17:02
Ok, so let's assume, just for a minute, that the hoopla over the Sept 5 iPod event is real. Let's say Apple updates the Nanos to the ugly square, and updates the iPod to 6g (whatever that is).

Are they likely to include these new iPods in the current Mac-and-a-Nano student deal going on? It seems like I remember them doing it in the past, but I'm not sure how to check that.

I was actually thinking about ordering the new iMac this weekend, but I'm pretty tempted to wait at least until the 5th, if not the 15th.

Thoughts?

Majost
2007-08-25, 18:56
Ok, so let's assume, just for a minute, that the hoopla over the Sept 5 iPod event is real. Let's say Apple updates the Nanos to the ugly square, and updates the iPod to 6g (whatever that is).

Are they likely to include these new iPods in the current Mac-and-a-Nano student deal going on? It seems like I remember them doing it in the past, but I'm not sure how to check that.

I was actually thinking about ordering the new iMac this weekend, but I'm pretty tempted to wait at least until the 5th, if not the 15th.

Thoughts?

Not a chance. In the past they've done one of two things: either waited for the promo to expire to intro the new models, or specifically excluded the new models from the promo. Any way you cut it, you can be sure they'll use that promo to clear out their stock of the old versions.

BlueRabbit
2007-08-25, 18:57
I don't think they included newly-released iPods in the student deal last year. It would be really nice, but I doubt it. The terms of the rebate already have the part numbers of the old iPods, and it's unlikely that new ones will be added in.

If you really want a Sept. 5th iPod, it would probably be a good idea to buy your iMac and iPod this weekend, then sell the iPod before new ones come out.

torifile
2007-08-25, 19:17
Not a chance. In the past they've done one of two things: either waited for the promo to expire to intro the new models, or specifically excluded the new models from the promo. Any way you cut it, you can be sure they'll use that promo to clear out their stock of the old versions.
Not true. When the iPods were updated to the clickwheel in 2004, they were eligible for the rebate. When the nanos were, they weren't. I think if it's a new "line" like mini giving way to the nano, then they're not going to be eligible. If the iPod is just updated, they probably will be.

Majost
2007-08-25, 20:16
Not true. When the iPods were updated to the clickwheel in 2004, they were eligible for the rebate. When the nanos were, they weren't. I think if it's a new "line" like mini giving way to the nano, then they're not going to be eligible. If the iPod is just updated, they probably will be.

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the correction. :)