PDA

View Full Version : My website's online, please provide feedback!

washington mac user
2007-09-29, 14:42
This is the first website I have ever made and was wondering what everybody thought of it. It's not completely done because I need to post pictures and who our sponsors are, but I was wondering if I could get some feedback. Thanks! Here is the link:

https://students.washington.edu/shpe/

Just to let you know, our school colors are gold and purple.

MBHockey
2007-09-29, 15:08
Looks good man!

Jerman
2007-09-29, 15:24
Looks really nice. I especially like the nav bar at the top. The one thing that strikes me off the bat, is the bottom. Would be nice to have say a 40-60 pixel margin-padding-whatever there just to finish off the page. But yeah, like I said, looks good!

Fahrenheit
2007-09-29, 15:39
Looks really nice. I especially like the nav bar at the top. The one thing that strikes me off the bat, is the bottom. Would be nice to have say a 40-60 pixel margin-padding-whatever there just to finish off the page. But yeah, like I said, looks good!

Agree - I think a bit of border at the bottom would be nice, as it assures people that the page has entirely loaded. Also, maybe the background could be a slightly different colour to the header?

But, looks really nice. :)

thegeriatric
2007-09-29, 18:45
Agree with Jerman and Farenheit's comments, other than that looks fine. :)

julesstoop
2007-09-29, 19:18
Looks nice. Particularly very good for a first!

I do have a small gripe not mentioned yet:
The big "W" in the navigation area looks rather jagged, and has a few encoding artifacts.

drewprops
2007-09-29, 19:57
Yes, a great job indeed if this is your first!!
The text seems a little large... but the thing that really got my attention was the Google Calendar... DAMN but I've got to get me one of those things into some of my websites pronto!!

dmegatool
2007-09-29, 22:48
For a first site is pretty good !

Here's what you could quickly change to make it better IMO
As other said, let some space on the footer
There could be a little bit more contrast in your header. The 2 colors are too identical. Seems like your menu is actually on the same color that the background. If it's the effect you wanna do, ignore this comment.
Your text is very large. On a 800x600, it would be HUGE :). But even in 1440x900, it's pretty big.

Theses are suggestion and aren't dramatic. You still did a good job :)

washington mac user
2007-09-30, 15:07
Thanks for the comments so far! I'll add some space on the footer and make the font-size smaller. I didn't realize there wasn't any space because I'm using a 20in monitor. I'll also try to fix up the Ws on top.

Jerman
2007-09-30, 15:10
No problem. Looking forward to seeing the changes. :)