PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on a used MBP?

polvoronn
2007-10-10, 02:48
"Used Apple MacBook Pro. 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 1.5GB memory, 80GB hard drive, SuperDrive (DVD/CD burner), iSight (camera), AirPort (wireless networking), BlueTooth, and much more. It is in mint condition with no scratches and/or dents. Will come with original packaging. "

I really want to buy it and it's listed at $1300. Sounds like a good deal to me provided it's as mint as it is described. It comes with everything included in the pkg. Sounds like it was the first MBP to hit market and therefore kinda seems antiquated since it only has a 4x superdrive and is a core duo as opposed to a C2D. The most taxing programs I'll use will be photoshop CS3 and the iLife 08 suite. I guess my main concern is the seller's valuation. Do you feel it's a fair valuation, or is it under/over priced?

btw, I know I can get a MB for less than $1300, but I would only buy a black macbook and they're about the same price right now

Satchmo
2007-10-10, 11:29
It's not a bad price, but it is older stuff as you've alluded to. Just as a point of comparision, the following is listed on Apple's refurbished Canadian site...for only $125 more you'll get:

Double the HD space (need if you're doing PS3)
Double the SuperDrive speed
Duo Core 2 vs Duo Core
160 mhz faster
1 year Applecare

Refurbished MacBook 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Black
13.3-inch glossy widescreen display
1GB memory
160GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Built-in iSight camera
$1425 Cdn

Or just wait a month or two and there might be a new MacBook (aluminum) soon. In that case, the current black MacBooks may be further discounted. :)

polvoronn
2007-10-11, 10:14
thanks. I've decided not to pursue it for those reasons. It's difficult for me not to let that impulse take over. I'm looking forward to seeing what apple will come out with in the next couple of months